What Kind Of Lubricant Should I Use On My Treadmill?
Here are some desirable qualities of the composition:
- Silicone base. Most modern products of this type are precisely silicone gels or sprays; other types of lubricants for treadmills are much less common.
- Simultaneous function of separating agent and lubricant.
- Sold in the form of an aerosol can for ease of application (this is not a prerequisite, but it is much easier to apply the product by simply spraying it, because it ensures an even distribution).
The composition of the lubricant in a treadmill is generally fairly simple. It includes:
- Silicone oil;
- Hydrocarbon propellant.
Which brand to choose is up to you. Most importantly, carefully read the information on the correct use on the back of the cartridge.
It is not recommended to use ordinary technical oil, much better to buy a treadmill silicone lubricant and lubricate the simulator with it.
In some cases, the use of fatty oils can render an excellent cardio equipment completely unusable due to the impregnation of the running belt and the deterioration of traction.
Note that both mechanical and magnetic and electrical tracks are required to be lubricated, but the latter two types are generally more durable and less capricious.
Whether for a magnetic structure or for an electric track, in most cases the same composition is suitable.
With proper care of the treadmill- including a mechanical one- the normal life of the treadmill is at least 4 years (with daily, but not too long use, say, with training for an hour a day).
Try to closely monitor the condition of your iron friend! Use the lubricant as soon as you notice that the walking belt turns tight and squeaks.
Do not under any circumstances use faulty equipment. Remember: your health is at stake, and it is priceless.
How do I lubricate my treadmill?
The lifespan of the treadmill is directly related to how well the machine is maintained. Care means not only cleaning the treadmill from dust and dirt, but also lubricating the treadmill on time with best silicone oil for treadmill.
Initially, the treadmill has applied lubricant, but with use, the lubricant evaporates and it becomes necessary to reapply it.
- Unplug the treadmill.
- Loosen the tension on the walking belt by turning the adjusting bolts on both sides the same number of times.
- Raise the walking belt to about halfway and apply lubricant to the full width of the deck across the running belt (parallel to the engine cover).
- Tighten the adjusting bolts the same number of turns as when loosening.
- Run the treadmill at a low speed (3-5 km/h) for a couple of minutes to distribute the lubricant evenly over the walking belt and check the centering of the walking belt (adjust if necessary).
- Use a lint-free cloth to clean the edges of the treadmill.
- Walk on the belt for a few minutes before starting your run.
The regularity of the motorcycle chain lubrication depends on the distance traveled, roughly it should be lubricated once every 500-700 km. if not, then after 100-200 km it is better to lubricate.